choosing the correct light bulb for recessed can lighting - led flood light housing

by:Hanway     2019-09-02
choosing the correct light bulb for recessed can lighting  -  led flood light housing
Choosing the right bulb for embedded can lighting can be a daunting task.
If you are not familiar with the bulbs and all the different types of bulbs, it is difficult to know where to start.
Most people just replace the burnt bulb with what they pull out.
Others went to the local hardware store to buy what "looked" on the shelves.
Through simple analysis, you can choose the best bulb for yourself by splitting the choices you need to make.
Obviously, the easiest way to replace a bulb in a recessed can light is to unplug the old bulb and simply buy the same bulb.
If you do not select, please follow these steps to select the correct bulb.
Key abbreviation to understand: I will first outline the main letters and their meanings you see on the current bulb or can device. 40W (
Or any number followed by W)= 40 Watt;
R16 or BR16 or PAR20 (
There are many of these.
Most begin with letters or a few letters, followed by a number)
These are the shape of the bulb; 120V or 130V (
This may or may not be prescribed)
= Indicates voltage.
Fixture list: Your first step should be to look at your can fixture.
Most people post a sticker on it, which lists about six options that can be used in a particular fixture. I. E.
The 40W r16 is suitable for the best style of baffle, lens or reflector: Next, go to the manufacturer's website that makes canned clamps.
Three major manufacturers of Cooper halo lighting (www. haloltg. com)
Juno Lighting (www. junolighting. com)and Lithonia (www. lithonia. com).
On the edge of the can, you will have the so-called baffle, lens, or reflector (trim).
This is another thing you will find in the can.
Each manufacturer will use the bulbs they recommend to maximize the effectiveness of a specific baffle, lens, or reflector.
Find this in the "specs" table they attach to your specific attachment.
Decide if you want a spotlight or floodlight: There are two ways for some bulbs like halogen lights: a spotlight or floodlight.
This process goes from the scene to the flood to the A19 that lights up in all directions.
Most spots illuminate areas up to 20 degrees in width.
Most people choose these if they want to light up works of art, or focus on Mantel or something like that.
Floods usually range from 25 to 60 degrees.
Then A19 lights up the whole area.
But not all fixtures have 19 bulbs.
In most cases you will want the floodlight bubble.
What color of light do you want?
If you are looking at compact fluorescent lights, you sometimes choose the color.
I'm not talking about pink. white.
I mean the color of the light that comes out.
If your compact fluorescent display has a color temperature of 2700 K, the light will be soft white.
If it says it's 5000 K it will be more blueWhite light.
Type of bulb: The last thing you need to decide is the type of bulb you want.
The bulbs used by people are mainly incandescent lamps, some long-life incandescent lamps, halogen lamps and compact fluorescent bulbs.
I will not discuss the differences between them here, as this is a completely different conversation.
Anyway, many times you have the option to use these types of bulbs in your can device. I. E.
The BR40 incandescent lamp is similar to the BR40 halogen lamp.
The important thing to keep in mind here is not to exceed the wattage recommended by your can fixture.
For lamps and lanterns, the use of overpowered bulbs may shorten the life of the bulbs and may even cause some old cans to catch fire.
By asking yourself these questions before buying, you will eliminate the confusion that this purchase can bring.
Overall, you will be more satisfied with your purchase and the appearance of your room or app.
Custom message